Locations (First Series):
- Caesarea Maritima, The Pilgrim’s Port
- Orientation to the Land from Mount Nebo, Jordan
- Jordan River: The man from Nazareth
- Judean Desert: A landscape of transformation
- The Silent Years: The Jezreel, Nazareth, Sepphoris
- Sea of Galilee: Overview
- Capernaum: A village by the lake
- Those exploring a spiritual path for life – the Jesus curious
- Those for whom their ‘childhood faith’ may seem inadequate / who want more
- Those looking for an educational and devotional resource for group discourse
- Those who may have always wanted to visit the biblical lands and cannot
- Those who are preparing to be pilgrims to the land called holy
- Clergy and laity seeking to add to their contextual understanding of the gospels
- There is potential for a wide audience via online dissemination
- Project development: building the team, writing screenplay
- Promo video
- Advance Promotion
- Funding the first season
- Marketing advance promotion
- Writing the study guide
- October: Filming in Jordan, Israel and the West Bank (May, Pre-production on site)
- Disseminating the series (free) through multiple online platforms
- Assessment for a second season
- Second season: Galilee
- Third season: Jerusalem
"It is very rare to come across an idea that is fresh and innovative in a time of content abundance. I am struck by this project, The Fifth Gospel. I strongly endorse this project. I look forward to seeing this potentially brilliant series come to life in your hands."
Senior Producer, Anglican Video Anglican Church of Canada
“Five gospels record the life of Jesus.
Four you will find in books, and one you will find in the land they call Holy.
Read the fifth gospel and the world of the four will open to you.”
St. Jerome, Bethlehem Circa 390 CE
What is Pilgrimage?
Pilgrimage is a distinctive approach to travel that brings vivid engagement with a land, its peoples, and its ancient stories at a depth that can be called “soulful.”
Pilgrim Routes seeks to respond to the quest for journeys of deeper purpose, sacred awareness and meaningful engagement.
Richard LeSueur, Founder and President, Pilgrim Routes